VATICAN ‘CONFRONTS’ SCOURGE OF CLERGY CHILD SEX ABUSE
Los Angeles (The Karney Report)— The War on Rape and Incest Victims Launched in Alabama––Domestic Sexual Terrorism
Here is the story that broke this week-for survivors—for all of us—for those who love and support women.
Note to our Readers: There has been so much sexual assault and child abuse news this week, that “The Week in Review-On Account of Sex” needed to be updated hourly.
It’s been a terrible week for women and children. It’s been a terrible week for victims of sexual abuse. The good news is that “It’s finally hitting the fan.” The bad news is, there are over a 100 million of us, in the United States alone, living with the lifelong pain, humiliation and devastation of child sexual abuse, sexual assault and sexual violence.
FIRST TIME IN HISTORY: CHURCH LEADERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD GATHER AT THE VATICAN TO CONFRONT THE SCOURGE OF CLERGY CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
“We must look this monster in the face without fear if we really want to conquer it,” said Vatican spokesman Alessandro Gisotti.
This week there is an unprecedented, four-day summit, convened by Pope Francis regarding the worldwide sexual abuse of children by the clergy.
But every day we see the monster growing. Secrets and scandals at the heart of the Catholic Church in every state and in every country around the world. In my opinion until the Catholic Church doesn’t just talk “zero tolerance” but institutes “zero tolerance” of child sexual abuse, CATHOLICS, HAVE A MORAL OBLIGATION TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
Action Points – My OPINION
- Stop supporting your local Catholic Church in any way…
- Stop putting money into the collection plate.
- Stop attending services until “zero tolerance” is put into action.
- Never leave your child alone at any time with a priest or member of the clergy (bishops, cardinals) for any reason whatsoever.
- Stop leaving your kids or any unaccompanied minor alone with Church camp counselors, Catholic church teachers, youth group leader, therapist, athletic director, prayer group leader, anyone associated with the Church at any Church event, social, or Sunday service!
- Never allow a member of the Church to drive, travel or be with your child unaccompanied anywhere. Whether it be a church sponsored sporting event, an out of state youth event, pizza parlor, quick ice cream trip, church choir event, during confirmation, during the sacrament, at a wedding, funeral, or communion.
The clergy has lost the right to our trust.
- If your children attend Catholic school, appoint a rotating mother or parent to monitor the classroom. Never let a doctor, priest or therapist from the Catholic church or referred by the Church, examine, treat, or discipline your child without an adult in the room at all times. Take notes, document your visit, document the date, time, what was discussed. Don’t even leave for a bathroom break. Treat the clergy and those referred to by the clergy as the potential alleged sexual predators, that far too many have proved to be. You wouldn’t leave your child with a suspected child molester? Why leave them with potential child molesters just because they are dressed like men of God?
- Stop attending Sunday services, prayer groups, church gatherings, church groups, church trips, outings or event of any kind.
- Demand that your local Catholic Church immediately turn over to police, local, state and federal authorities, any allegations, all documentation or reports of sexual abuse of women and children by clergy or the Church. Document, document, document every incidence of sexual abuse.
- If you are a victim of clergy sexual abuse, or a parent or guardian of a child sexually abused by a clergy member, document, video tape, audio tape (check audio/video state taping consent laws in your state) all incidences, evidence, proof, of sexual misconduct by the Church, clergy, bishops, cardinals, church hierarchy, church doctors, donors, church counselors. Retain all evidence, articles of clothing, date book, emails, texts, photos and place in a safety-deposit box or secure location. Tell a friend, parent, trusted adult. Document who you told, when you told them and what was said. Date it. Make three copies and store in three separate secure locations.
- Boycott the Catholic Church until the Vatican changes Canon law to require that cases of child sexual abuse and sexual assault be referred to outside law enforcement for investigation and criminal prosecution. (Canon Law is the legal system of the Vatican with its own laws, legal interpretation, judges, courts, legal codes and penalties. It is not civilly-binding outside of the Vatican). Canon law must be reformed to require those credibly accused of child sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual violence be referral to police and local state and federal authorities to the criminal justice system for prosecution enforcement and incarceration in the state or federal where the abuse occurs. Currently, priests, bishops and those credibly accused of child sexual abuse can flee to the Vatican and be protected in Vatican City by Roman canon law depriving victims of justice.
- Demand that the Catholic Church be tried as war criminals at The Hague Court for their crimes against humanity for their worldwide sexual abuse of children. Demand that the Church make reparations to their victims worldwide as violators of these crimes against humanity. Bankrupt the Catholic Church’s coffers because they have behaved in morally bankrupt ways. Treat the Catholic Church like other accused sex traffickers with the same criminal and civil prosecutions and penalties. Sex trafficking is sex trafficking even if it’s done under the guise of religion. Prosecute those in the Catholic Church who know, cover up, remain silent, or take no action where there are credible reports and evidence of child sexual abuse and sexual assault. That will demonstrate zero tolerance.
To the brethren in the Catholic Church: When children and adult survivors of clergy sexual abuse credibly told their horrific stories of child sexual abuse at the hands of clergy, bishops and cardinals, you hired lawyers, private investigators, launched disinformation campaigns, to disparaged, discredited and damage victims bravely speaking out. You put your might into protecting the Catholic Church and you did not speak out for survivors. You attacked the victims as liars and bought their silence using threats, bribes and organized crime-family intimidation tactics. When the Church targeted the judiciary, labeling judges and decisions the Church didn’t like as illegitimate, we heard not a word. When the Church moved priests who had allegedly sexually abused children for years in the dead of night, secretly to Africa, Asia and Latin America, The Catholic Church were co-conspirators in the wholesale sexual abuse of children worldwide.
DO NOT GO BACK TO CHURCH OR SUPPORT THE CHURCH UNTIL THE ABOVE IS DONE!
Here another story of Clergy Sex Abuse Ignored by the Vatican Until Now…
The Vatican Defrocks Former Cardinal McCarrick, Finds Him Guilty of Child Sexual Abuse
McCarrick, 88, resigned his post as cardinal last year after an investigation found evidence he had molested a minor altar boy almost a half-century ago. Another man told The New York Times that he was in his 20s when McCarrick abused him in the 1980s. McCarrick was a bishop in New Jersey at the time. The Times also found that two New Jersey dioceses had secretly paid settlements to two men who had accused McCarrick of abuse, as reported by NPR.
“Both abuse and its cover-up can no longer be tolerated,” Vatican spokesman Alessandro Gisotti said Saturday as he announced McCarrick’s punishment. “A different treatment for bishops who have committed or covered up abuse in fact represents a form of clericalism that is no longer acceptable.”’
South Dakota Legislature: Lawmakers block bill allowing alleged sex abuse victims to sue churches.
Why we need Federal Civil Rights for Victims of Sexual Violence.
The news this week, whether from the Catholic Church’s child sexual abuse human rights violations, allegations against R. Kelly and the child sexual abuse victims left in his wake, Labor Secretary Acosta’s letting his “pal” alleged child sex trafficker and serial sexual abuser Jeffrey Epstein’s off with a slap-on-the-wrist, or Patriots Owner Kraft, and billionaire friend of Donald Trump, it’s time to shine a bright spotlight on this kind of behavior anywhere, any time.
Keep up the fight, all survivors and victims of child sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual harassment, sexual violence. It’s because of you, of us, that so many stories broke this week. It’s because of all the brave survivors, that never gave up, never gave in, refused to be silenced, and used their voices to call out the Church, the billionaire’s boys club, the rich, the powerful, the famous, who for too long have made us their emotional, sexual, and psychological prisoners, of shame, silence, self blame, and guilt. We have been sex trafficked, incested, sexually abused, sexually harassed at work, sexually exploited on college campuses, sexually violated, tortured, and injured.
Thank you to the brave judges, prosecutors, police, legal system, that refused to be silenced in the face of injustice. Thank you to the media, to the reporters, writers, newspapers, blogs, who refused to be intimidated by billionaires, celebrity, powerful institutions, the presidency to give sexual violence victims a voice this week.
You give us hope. Thank you.
Shari Karney, Esq. is an Attorney at Law, Incest Survivor, Child Sexual Abuse Survivor, Campus Sexual Assault Survivor, and Rape Victim.
Please support survivors and Roar as One (www.roaras1.org) . Our mission is pursuing justice for survivors of sexual assault and violence. We need to come together, speak up, stand up, rise up. ACT AS ONE. ROAR AS ONE. (Rise* Organize *Act *Restore as One.)
We must recognize and enact laws that protect the basic human right to be free of sexual assault and sexual violence. To help enact federal nationwide civil rights legislation that eliminates all SOL, civil and criminal for child sexual abuse, sexual assault, campus sexual assault, sexual harassment, and sexual violence and misconduct. Enough is enough! Give victims of sexual violence their day in Court. Please contact your Congressperson and US Senator in your state and ask them to support The Civil Rights Act for Victims of Sexual Violence, 2019. Join our Civil Rights Movement to get legal rights and recognition of sexual violence as a violation of human civil rights. Help us remove the Statute of Limitations nationwide for sexual assault, sexual abuse, and continuous child sexual abuse, in both civil and criminal courts. Allow survivors and sexual violence victims to file in Federal court. Support the elimination of NDA’s (Non Disclosure Agreements) used to silence victims of sexual violence and assault. Help educate court personnel on the local, state and federal level on sexual violence and assault. Please donate to Roar as One to help us keep going to protect survivors of sexual assault and violence.
DONATE NOW: https://www.roaras1.org/donate/
Shari Karney, Attorney and Founder of ROAR as ONE, a non-profit organization focusing on the rights of action for survivors of all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. “Being sexually abused at such an early age was the scar on my soul. But I feel like it ultimately made me into the person I am today. I understand the journey of life. I had to go through what I went through to be here. But now it’s time to take action to save the next generation of women and children from what we went through. Shari Karney, Esq. Author of upcoming memoir, “Despite It All—A Story of Pain to Purpose.”